When are things due for this Report?
aka: "When do you need my data? When will this be published? When do I need to provide text or other written materials?"
If you would prefer to see a table-based layout of key dates, scroll to the end of this page.
When do you need my data?
- First, please let us know as soon as possible if you intend to participate in the IGMETS study (ideally before 15-May-2014).
- Then, please submit your data by 30-June-2014.
- You are welcome to submit your earlier (and we would love you for it).
When will I see initial results for my data?
- We will be processing data as fast as we can and as soon as they arrive. Individual results may be ready with a few days or a week after your data arrive. With over 200 time series participating, we expect that our turn-around rate will slow down as the data submission deadline (above) nears. These should all be available in the July/August time-frame.
- Initial multi-site and cross-regional analysis results will start appearing in the password-protect IGMETS web sections in September/October (2014). IGMETS participants will be sent out access information when these become available.
- We intend to finalize all of the analysis and graphics by the first week of December (2014).
When are the chapter text and other written component due?
- Our goal is to circulate a fully assembled copy of the full report to the entire group in April of 2015.
- To accomplish #1, we hope to finalize all of the individual chapters by March of 2015.
- To accomplish #2, work on the chapter text will start in January of 2015.
When are the final, print-ready documents being submitted to IOC-UNESCO for publication?
- A ready-for-review (fully edited and graphically laid-out) copy of the report will be submitted to IOC-UNESCO for peer review in May of 2015.
- A print-ready/camera-ready copy of the final IGMETS report (including any editorial changes from peer review) will be submitted to the IOC-UNESCO printers by the end of June (2015).
When will the publication itself come out?
- The final published IGMETS report will be ready for presentation at the November 2015 UNESCO Congress in Paris.
IMPORTANT DATES (Table Version):
|JUNE 2014||All data submissions due|
|July/August 2014||Individual site results available|
|September/October 2014||initial multi-site results previews|
|December 2014||Finalized multi-site results|
|January 2015||Assembling of chapter text begins (shared within chapter sub-groups)|
|March 2015||All Chapter texts finalized|
|April 2015||Compiled report (all chapters) shared with entire IGMETS group|
|May 2015||Fully edited/graphically-filled report sent for peer review|
|November 2015||IGMETS Report printed, ready, and presented to IOC-UNESCO Congress|